September 26th, 2009 at 10:03 pm (uncategorized)
September 17th, 2009 at 10:42 pm (greasemonkey)
I knit. I spin. I write greasemonkey scripts in my spare time. What I apparently don’t do much lately is blog. :)
I updated my little greasemonkey script that selects defaults on the Paypal Shipping page when you use USPS. Script contains ways to set your default package size, weight and origination zip. It also now will set the mailing date based on what time it is. If it’s after 5pm; it will automatically select tomorrow’s date for you. Go here to view, and install:
July 25th, 2009 at 10:54 am (dale)
See – I still knit! :) I’ve been working on this one since around April. I’m into the boring body where it’s all one color and stockinette. There’s a chance I might run out of yarn, but I’ll deal with that if I need to. I might finish the sleeves first instead of the body as it’d be easier to make the sleeves in stockinette and add patternwork to the body to hide any dye lot changes necessary if I have to get a new ball of yarn.
Pattern: Dale 16411 (on Ravelry)
Color substitution for the main color: Dark pink instead of the tomato red. So far I think it’s worked out really well.
July 24th, 2009 at 10:39 pm (uncategorized)
July 19th, 2009 at 12:09 am (uncategorized)
June 7th, 2009 at 7:32 pm (fair isle)
This past weekend I took a workshop on designing fair isle sweaters from Janine (aka Feral Knitter). It was wonderful! We started with an inspiration photo; and picked out colors that were in the photo’s color families and then knit up a speed swatch. Day two began the motif swatch; and mine needed a bit of tweaking. Pictures of that when it’s blocked.
June 7th, 2009 at 6:29 pm (blather)
June 3rd, 2009 at 11:40 am (blather)
May 17th, 2009 at 9:12 am (uncategorized)
Proof I’m still alive, and still knitting!
This was a knitty pattern, Helena, knit top down. I made a few modifications (of course!). The yarn I used said it would meet gauge, but my gauge was tighter than the ball band; and I was rather pleased with it so I stuck with it. As a result I made the larger size to come out about a 6-9 month (up to 12 month maybe). I also did i-cord for the ties instead of simple garter stitch that was only 3 sts across.
I used Dale Lerke, a wool-cotton that is super soft. It has a tendency to split when knitting so you really have to watch the strands when you do decreases or other fancy maneuvers.
April 25th, 2009 at 9:57 pm (uncategorized)